So much for good intentions. I intended to post more, and due to flu and other illnesses, it has been 2 weeks. I got a lot done in the two weeks though. I finished the Flower Basket shawl…

Finished spinning these 572 yards of wool that I dyed. I call it black cherry…..

Took a picture of this 100% silk that I got at the guild meeting as a door prize. I think it is beautiful, but this one ounce was all I had. It was a pain in the behind to ply. There isn’t much in the way of yardage, I think I remember it was a little over 100 yards. I will probably use this in a multi-fiber shawl on the triangle loom DH is building me for my birthday.

And now, my current project. I am making the Snowdrop shawl for my mom out of the handspun. The pattern is very easy, and I really like the results I am getting from it. I have a long way to go though. I have had to change needles several times. My Addi Turbos, which I love, were just too slick, so I switched to a pair of ancient 14″ straights from Chester needles. Better, but still slick. So I went over and raided MIL’s knitting basket. She had a pair of bamboo straights that I am using currently. She lived in China for a few years and has an amazing collection of these really long bamboo double points and singles. I am trying to get FIL, who is living in Taiwan currently, to bring me back some, but understandably, he is not too keen on visiting knitting shops.

Advertisements