For a long time I just did not get the whole felting thing. I mean, why spend all that time knitting some ginormous object, then throw it in the washer and ruin it?? I just did not understand. Then came my little foray into the felted change purse. Well, that did not go exactly as planned, but it turned out all right, it was workable.

After I could not find a project for the beautiful autumn colored yarn, I decided fine, I will make some of those felted slippers. I wasn’t going to have enough yarn for any of the other projects I had envisioned, and I was in a knitting slump. I needed to get something done, and this looked fast and easy. I cast on for the first slipper and finished it in a day. Then I cast on for the second one, and it took a couple of days because I had other things I had to do (more on that later)

I tossed them in the washer last night.
I’m in love..these are just too cool. I was afraid I would lose the colors, and there was a little blending, but all the colors I loved in this yarn are still there. They felted so quickly that not even halfway through the wash cycle they were felted to the point that if I had waited much longer they might not have fit. I used a little over 184 yards of handspun at 4 stitches to the inch on size 10 1/2 needles. Since I still have over 224 yards of this yarn, this is my next project…..

a hat. I am knitting it on straight needles because I don’t have a pair of size 13 circulars, and I figure the seaming will disapear in the felting. I hope I can mold the shaping so it is a little roll brim hat. I would love to have a hat in these colors.

I did not get much knitting done on Saturday. We spent a good part of the day cleaning house, and watching movies. I took a nap, and when I woke up, my MIL called to remind me that we were going to the teacher appreciation day at Staples. We went in and signed up for the drawings, got our gift bags (it will be a great knitting bag) and then went about getting a few supplies. I had two good coupons, and 15% off of anything I purchased. I kept trying to get my MIL (a teacher at the college my husband now attends) to leave, she looked tired, and I never win anything. So imagine my surprise when in the second round of drawings, they called my name! I won a “gift basket” which turned out to be a lamp and some bulbs, and a handwriting poster! So now my knitting area has some half way decent light. A few minutes later, my pastors wifes name was called, and then the pastor (they are both teachers) We left after that. Yesterday at church, the pastors wife told me that they called my MIL’s name shortly after we left. And it wasn’t as if we were the only teachers there, I would say there were close to 100 teachers in attendance. I found out that Office Depot had had their teacher appreciation day that morning, so I missed out on that one. Anyway, that is about as exciting as my life gets, haha.

We found out on Friday that my husband has qualified for a small scholarship from the college he is attending for the radiography course! We almost have his first semester paid for, so this money will probably go towards buying the required laptop. We didn’t know how we were going to afford that, and had been praying about it. The Lord does provide. I am so proud of him. He has worked at least 40 hours every week and attended classes all summer, and still has the highest grade point average of anyone in the class. Of course, we have got to spend a lot less time with him than we are used to. Then this weekend, they had inventory where he works, and the worked from 6am to 10:30 or 11:00 at night for two days. Then yesterday, they cut them a break. They let them come in at 6:45 am. And kept them until 2:30 in the morning. He had to be back to work this morning at 10:00. They are supposed to let them off at 8:00, but we’ll see. I’m not holding my breath.