I’m trying this for the third time. There are fiber pictures as promised today. First up is the wonderful yarn that I spun from the roving I dyed on Oct. 31. I really like the way this turned out. I spun some for isolated areas of the plum and scarlet/rust, and just spun the rest as it came, splitting each length of roving into 4 pieces. This way I can have contrasting heels and toes in socks, or contrasting cuffs and thumbs if I decide to knit mittens.

This is the progress I have made on the alpaca scarf. The pictures can’t convey how soft and lucious this is. Rumor has it that fleece or roving from the same animal I spun this yarn from will be up on ebay soon. Whoever wins that auction will be lucky indeed. I can’t wait to get this finished and blocked.

Last but not least is the Aran cardigan back. I had made more progress on this, but ended up having to rip back when I discovered I had made a mistake in the cable on the first X, all the way across. It wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t been almost through the second O! Arrgh! Well, it looks better now, anyway. I am pleased with how it is turning out, even if I am not so pleased with how slow it seems I am going. Lastly, I made more blog changes today. I still can’t remember how I made the blogger title disapear so that just my blog banner was up there before things got screwy. I am persistant though, I will figure it out! Let me know if you like the changes (or not!). Posted by Picasa

Advertisements