Finally!

I finally finally finished the back of the cabled sweater to day. I had to rip out a few more rows a couple of times after I discovered a couple of mistakes. The first of those rip outs fixed the one missing stitch to take me back to 130 without having to add one stitch. So my solution is to follow the length instructions for the x-large size sweater, except for casting one. I will take make the appropriate changes when casting on the sweater fronts, and that should fix it. I would show you a picture excpet the sweater back looks a little rough right now. I am praying that blocking fixes it.

Also, I have to tell you about one certain problem. When I bought the yarn for this sweater, I made sure I had the same dye lot. However, the color of the yarns is different, quite markably so. So I think this is the last time I will use Lion Brand for knitting a big project. Maybe hats, gloves, something I am dyeing myself, but not a sweater. I think I am going to have to dye this project, and the prospect scares me. I don’t want to ruin it at that stage after all this work and heart ache.

In other news, I recieved the software that I ordered, the Stitch and Motif Maker software. So far, I like it. It has made trying to graph out the fair isle socks a hundred times easier. I don’t know how many times I had copied the same sock onto graph paper so I could try a different color arrangement. With this software you can change a color in a second, and then change it again a million times in the time it took me to graph the sock out once. There is a little sample. I hate to post too much of it before I have them done, it’d be awful if, as slow as I knit, someone finished them before I did, LOL.

Well, sorry for the lack of posts this week. I have been working on the sweater and it has gotten the lions share of the attention. If I’m on the computer, I can’t be knitting and I really wanted to get it done. Hopefully now that I have found my stride, it’ll go quicker.

Advertisements